IT Support Tech / 2nd Line Support
My client, a reputable and established organisation based in Birmingham have an exciting opportunity for an IT support to join their growing IT team.
The primary function will be to provide 2nd line IT support to all of their staff based across all offices. You will also be expected to provide 1st line IT support and administration when required.
This is a varied role with exciting projects. You will be working with the IT Service Desk team alongside the wider development team and infrastructure team, and all of these teams report to the IT Director.
* Provide 1st line and 2nd line, hands-on / remote support for issues raised by staff working to SLA thresholds.
* Raise incidents, service requests, changes and problems using the service desk gathering appropriate detail to aid troubleshooting and resolution
* Troubleshoot and resolve incidents, problems and service requests escalated from 1st line service desk staff in other offices working to SLA thresholds
* Install approved software
* Provide basic application support for users, to show how to use the software or particular functions
* Liaise with the internal IT group to manage the ordering and distribution of office desktops, laptops, monitors, projectors, peripherals and mobile devices for the office, so that all employees have access to the appropriate IT equipment
* Setup, deploy and maintain IT equipment using a standard imaging process
* Arrange safe disposal/recycling of old equipment following WEEE regulations
* Inductions for new members of staff
* Assist the infrastructure team by providing remote hands for infrastructure equipment
* Complete weekly visual inspections of equipment in the server room
* Check backups are running correctly and rotate tapes on a weekly basis
* Liaise with 3rd party support suppliers as and when required for hardware replacements
* User account and mailbox administration using Active Directory, Exchange Control Panel and Active role server
* A clear, concise and friendly telephone/deskside manner is critical, as well as the ability to prepare written material that is understandable, and well structured
* Excellent 1st line support/client care skills
* Minimum of 2 years' experience working in an IT support role
* Experience of working in a 2nd line IT Support line position
* Excellent troubleshooting skills using appropriate tools such as ping, gpresult and the windows event logs
* Educated to AS level, BTEC, or NVQ level 3 in an IT related subject
* Be familiar with PC hardware. Experience with Dell hardware would be particularly beneficial
* Experience of working with Windows 7 / 10 in a corporate environment
* Experience resolving issues with software products including but not limited to
o Word, Excel, Lync/Skype for Business, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, VPN, Antivirus, Wi-Fi
* Must be willing to commute to other offices on occasion (full UK driving licence and own vehicle is essential for the role)
* You will have the ability to prioritise calls and workload and have strong personal organisation skills
* Familiarity with ITIL processes and experience of using ITIL compliant service desk software
* Experience of account administration using Active Directory and Exchange control panel
My client is looking to receive CVs as early as this week, if you consider yourself to be suitable for this role and you are looking to make that next progressive step within your career then I would like to hear from you. Please apply with your updated CV as soon as possible and I will aim to call successful applicants back within 24 hours.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959530699