An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Tool Technician to join Ross Ceramics Limited (a part of the Rolls-Royce group) located at Trentham in Staffordshire.
You will be responsible for maintenance of fixtures and tool dies on site in accordance with care plans. You will be able to work on your own initiative to achieve objectives, taking accountability for duties and actions undertaken. We are looking for an individual to challenge existing practices and a candidate seeking continuous improvement opportunities in all areas of the maintenance arena.
Ross Ceramics Limited has particular expertise in the manufacture of complex geometric ceramic cores used in the investment casting of high performance directionally solidified and single crystal gas turbine engine components, both for aerospace and industrial applications.
- Repair and maintain tooling, predominantly the strip down and polishing of core dies.
- Be responsible for the inspection and measurement using hand gauges, inspection equipment and computerised measurement equipment.
- Understand and work to technical drawings.
- Liaise with operational staff to understand tooling related issues.
- General tool making tasks.
- Experience of Tool Making/fitting responsibilities.
- You must be time served, having completed a recognised apprenticeship with a minimum of City & Guilds Level 3, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Clear and proven experience in a technical environment, working on all types of machine tools and hand tools, machining (include: milling, turning and grinding).
- Computer literacy and ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing at all levels within the company.
- An understanding of injection moulding manufacturing is desirable.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include a bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
At Rolls-Royce, we develop integrated power and propulsion solutions and innovative technologies that keep our customers one step ahead of an ever-changing world.
Create power for life. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77614200