Transfer Pricing Advisor
Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world?s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other?s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we?re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This is a Transfer Pricing (?TP?) role in the GM&T Group tax team based in GM&T?s head office in London. The role has arisen as a consequence of GM&T?s continued expansion into new markets and jurisdictions, intra-group restructuring as well as new Transfer Pricing requirements resulting from BEPS project. The position is a hands-on role which involves taking ownership of GM&T?s global Transfer Pricing arrangements, providing Transfer Pricing technical support to the business, other support functions and other members of the tax team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing general Transfer Pricing advice and support ? including advice of application of Transfer Pricing law and practice to GM&T intercompany transactions.
- Functional and Transfer Pricing analysis of new intercompany transactions, provision of recommendations on Transfer Pricing approach to other tax team members
- Manage the contemporaneous Transfer Pricing documentation (including three tier Transfer Pricing documentation and separate files on business restructuring).
- Managing transfer pricing risks and assist in the identification of transfer pricing opportunities through changes to Transfer Pricing policies and practices
- Assist in the handling of Transfer Pricing audits and Transfer Pricing defence
- Monitoring of local implementation of BEPS initiatives in countries of GM&T operations.
- Working with Finance and other support functions to make sure the approved Transfer Pricing methodologies are correctly implemented
Skills & Competencies
- Strong team working, organisational and communication skills
- Strong documentation and spread sheeting skills
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-growing environment; treats change as an opportunity
- Ability to analyse problems and apply innovative solutions
- A self-starter with a strong bias for action
- Ability to proactively engage and build relationships with other departments
- Ability to apply tax and Transfer Pricing knowledge to complex commercial activities
- Transfer Pricing experience in professional practice or a multinational company
- Practical experience of implementation of OECD guidelines, global Transfer Pricing rules in a commercial context
- Implementation and monitoring of Transfer Pricing arrangements including design and implementation of Transfer Pricing systems, processes and controls
- Energy, commodities trading or financial services industry experience would be useful
- Degree educated (e.g. Bachelors or Masters degree in business, accounting, management or other discipline)
- European language skills would be an advantage
- ADIT, ACA or CTA (or equivalent) trained
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959546532