Application Support Engineer
Application Support Analyst
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Basic Function of position
Duties will include providing technical and systems support for all DCI core systems relating to central processing, franchises, 3rd parties, merchants and users globally.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Provide direct technical support for DCI systems and external users globally ensuring all SLOs are achieved. The Production Support function delivers batch processing/file transfers, authorizations and GUI application support.
- Review, maintenance and production of all necessary procedures to support Information Technology Management Policy.
- Process improvement to ensure better stability of production systems.
- Incident Management - Coordinating, monitoring, tracking, investigating and resolving assigned incidents in conjunction and through direct contact with external customers, third-party service providers and internal users
- Defect management - prioritising, coordinating, monitoring, tracking resolution of all defects.
Minimum experience and education requirements
- 1-2 years in a similar role.
- Proven experience of providing technical support in a production environment. Good problem management skills alongside the ability to own and resolve issues. Good staff and process management skills and proven ability to work well under pressure and within a team. The successful applicant will have proven experience of supporting customers with technical issues, demonstrating problem solving and time management skills against tight deadlines. Experience of IT within financial services would be an advantage. Good communication skills (Verbally & Electronically) are key as engagement with numourous teams is essential.
- Familiarity with Oracle, SQL/databases, UNIX, shell scripting, IBM Websphere, WebSphere RAD, file transfer methods, Microsoft Office, AGILE, (Connect Direct, SFTP).
If this role is of interest please apply now or alternatively send your CV across to **********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959540384