An exciting opportunity to join our ever growing IT team as a Server Specialist. This is a varied role which will include infrastructure projects alongside leading and performing activities relating to our server and network infrastructure. You will gain exposure to a wide range of business areas and manage and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
We pride ourselves on having a truly distinctive company culture. It’s not what a lot of people expect, because VWFS is an informal, collaborative, really diverse place to be. Of course, we’re professional and ambitious too – but that’s why going Beyond Expectations really means something to us. We not only go beyond expectations for our customers, but we go beyond expectations for our people too, in the development, opportunities, rewards and work-life balance we offer.
About the role
You will report directly to the IT Infrastructure Manager and work in a small team of specialists in which you will play a key part. You key responsibilities will include:
- Involvement in infrastructure projects
- Vulnerability testing to mitigate risk
- Leading and performing activities relating to our server and network infrastructure
- Working closely on completing audit points
- Building close working relationships with our Head Office in Germany and internal customers at all levels
- You will also work with suppliers in the implementation and support of server and network infrastructure and the support
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- VMWare Certified
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and technical abilities
- Experience using Citrix Xen App, Xen Desktop, Provisioning Server, Edgesight, Web Interface, Access Gateway
- Experience using Appsense Environment Manager, Appsense Application Manager, Microsoft App-V
- Demonstrable experience as a server specialist
Do you fancy having a soft top for the summer or 4x4 for the winter or how about having a Caravelle for that weekend away with the family camping? Then joining VWFS could be the answer; we change our cars every 4 months or 8,000 miles and the choice is yours. As part of our broader benefits packages, we offer some great benefits designed to make your life easy and look after your wellbeing and your family’s.
More benefits than you expected?
- Employee Car Ownership scheme (changed every 4 months)
- 2x Loan Car for your family member’s (changed every 6 months)
- Fuel Card
- Ducati Bikes discount
- Private medical insurance (with family cover available at reasonable rates)
- Income Protection Insurance
- Life assurance cover (4 x basic salary)
- Auto-Enrolled Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- On-site concierge services
*Please note the Server Specialist is responsible for providing out of hours support as per the company’s IT Call Out and On-Call Policy so we will require a level of flexibility from the individual*
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77649032