My client are a market leading provider of event management software solutions, expanding through continued success.
The role is for a strong software developer with an emphasis on front-end skills.
We will want you to work in an agile development environment. You will either already have experience in this area or a desire to learn these methodologies.
You will have good software design skills and a drive to implement a vision. You will be an active member of the team to agree how we will turn the vision into software.
We are looking for a self-starter who will rapidly forge strong relationship with product owners and other stakeholders. You should be able to put forward your own ideas whilst being receptive to others and therefore a strong communicator.
As an experienced software developer, you will be very much “hands on” designing and coding. You will help maintain our existing suite and developing wholly new products and features for the Exhibitions industry.
You may be experienced in one or two major frameworks and able to learn new and adopt new frameworks as and when required. You would ideally have a thorough understanding of object-oriented programming, learned through hands-on experience.
We will be providing an ongoing commitment to your professional development and you will be expected to share your experiences with other team members.
With strong, effective communication skills, both written and verbal, your credentials will demonstrate your ability to pro-actively deliver results while managing a number of competing tasks in a pragmatic way.
- Understand the software requirements for the project
- Estimate fairly and work well to commitments
- “Hands on” software development following an agile software development methodology
- Produce application code that meets design specifications, follows internal standards, and is easy to maintain
- Review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design
- Write unit and regression tests, using automation wherever possible.
- Maintain product documentation to reflect enhancements and other software changes
- Develop release scripts to ensure the rapid automated installation of new features
- Assess product impact and possible implementation options, and recommend the solution that best suits the needs of the requirement
- Investigate and resolve software defects
- Fulfil administrative reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Desire to identify and learn new web based technologies when required
- Proven ability to learn new frameworks, languages and methodologies
- Show examples of an excellent eye for visual design of interfaces
- Experience of modern web application development
- Demonstrable knowledge of HCI / usability principles
- Experience of version control software, particularly Git
- Experience working in an agile / scrum development process
- Desirable, a good software engineering-related degree or relevant experience
You may possess many of the following skills:
- Detailed knowledge of HTML 5 and AJAX techniques
- .Net Framework, either VB.Net or C#
- Good knowledge of JSON APIs from a client and server perspective
- Detailed knowledge of one or more frameworks, e.g. React, Vue.js, Angular
Desirable Additional Skills:
Experience of these skills may be an advantage or demonstrate a proven ability to learn:
- XML and XML Schema
- Microsoft SQL querying and database skills highly desirable
- Gulp, Babel, ES6
- Experience of continuous integration/release process
- A flexible and adaptable attitude
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- The motivation to complete activities both individually and as a team
- Solution-focused, with ability to prioritise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Persistent and resilient under pressure, with a good sense of humour
- Accurate, with high attention to detail
As a division of a global software parent group, continuing to grow and prosper, this opportunity offers opportunity for genuine career progression within the team and group, working within a friendly, non red tape environment.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77621772