Service Engineer (Lab Equipment)
***Service Engineer (Lab Equipment) ***
***6 Month Contract Period, with realistic prospects of extensions***
***£14- £16 p/h (Ltd / Umbrella) ****
This rapidly expanding company specialises in the maintenance and service of instrumentation. Their major markets include power, water, pharmaceutical and process. With a view to growing by 20% next year, this company need to recruit experienced good instrumentation technicians to ensure projects are completed to deadlines.
Working in laboratories, the technician will be maintaining lab equipment incl. Fridges, Centrifuges, Incubators, Microscopes, Pipettes, and Balancers.
What the role will involve:
Calibrating, repairing, servicing, cleaning and validating lab equipment incl. Fridges, Centrifuges, Incubators, Microscopes, Pipettes, and Balancers.
This will incl;
Heat mapping refrigeration devices
Fixing faulty items such as lid locking mechanisms
Read, interpret and fix electronic error codes on equipment
Check wiring is in good order
Ensure equipment such as Centrifuges are tacho’ing at the correct rate
Check electronics with a volt metre
Basically ensure equipment is working properly
- You will also conduct PPM, reactive and preventative maintenance on this equipment
- You will complete and store all relevant documentation such as test certificates
- You will represent the company on-site and need to dress and act accordingly
What the company are looking for in the contractor:
- F-Gas Full Certification
- Has experience of maintaining / servicing lab equipment incl. Fridges, Centrifuges, Incubators, Microscopes, Pipettes, Balancers
- Has experience of calibrating, repairing, servicing, cleaning and validating this equipment
- Has experience of PPM, reactive and preventative maintenance on this equipment
- Stable background
What the company can offer the contractor.
- Product Training.
- Opportunity for permanent role.
- Technical and career progression.
What the company do.
- Maintenance and service of Instrumentation.
- Focus on the pharmaceutical and process industry.
- Increasing turnover by 20% year on year.
To apply to this vacancy or to enquire about any other of the opportunities ATA has to offer please call and ask for Robert Weatherhead. Alternatively please send your CV to or visit to see all of our current vacancies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77604337