My client is the leading seafood processor providing frozen, chilled, branded and retailer branded fish. They are looking for an experienced Multi-skilled Engineer to join ther team.
The Engineer is responsible for supporting a common sustainable continuous improvement within the Manex framework across the site. Engineers support the implementation of a lean asset management process. Work across the site supporting the implementation of the PM Pillar. Deliver immediate and short-term business plans in line with AOP (Annual Operating Plan) and achievement of all QCDSEM (Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety & Environment, Manpower) KPI's. Support an inspirational culture where people enjoy working hard, exceed results and feel motivated and valued.
- Carryout tasks that include but not exclusive to electrical mechanical and utilities of all assets in all areas of our operations across multi sites.
- Fully support operations in start-ups shutdowns size changes and process problems.
- Effectively carryout all planned maintenance and fault finding.
- Support a positive can do attitude that inspires and motivate team members
- Continually seek learning opportunities for growth and development that improves personal and organisational performance
- Deliver daily business plans
- Continuous self-development with respect to, machinery, current trends, legislation and processes understanding.
- Keep up to date with all emerging engineering technologies
- Ensure full process conformation on shift
- Ensure ownership of GMP, HACCP, food safety and legality at all levels whilst always driving continuous improvements.
- Ensure adherence to all business processes and procedures actively drive improvements that eliminate waste in the processes.
- Rigorously drive all Business processes and take an active lead in improvement
- Working with the cross functional teams to ensure full compliance with all Company and customer requirements including BRC.
- Ensure Early Management is applied to NPD, Equipment, Packaging and Projects
- Support a quality culture
- Full conformance to engineering process requirements such as work process control and Visda.
- Deliver daily business plans
- Take a proactive role in the optimisation and improvement of Planned, Predictive and Corrective Maintenance and the adoption of all emerging Maintenance Technologies / Techniques
- Development, support and delivery of Manex initiatives
- Drive Reliability and Performance Improvement.
- Drive Maintenance Continuous Improvement teams
- Rigorously drive and support the delivery of factory shift performance and engineering department KPI's. including costs downtime and process conformance
- Drive continuous improvement using a team based approach guided by data and facts
- Continue to drive relentless pursuit of zero
Safety & Environment
- Conduct our operations in a safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Leading by example embed a culture of Safety implementing and promoting Behavioural safety.
- Proactively manage Safety through continuously conducting risk assessments
- Understand the legal responsibilities in the case of accidents and near misses, be able to perform investigation of accidents and near misses, carrying out root cause analysis to promote accident prevention
- Record and communicate hazards, risks and near misses
- Control emissions and waste to minimise environmental impact. Ensuring all environmental incidents are reported, fully investigated with actions to prevent re occurrence.
- Effectively manage total compliance of the company Permit To Work system
Skills and experience required
a. Qualifications Required.
- Recognised and validated maintenance engineering qualification or certificate training to NVQ3 standard
- Breathing Apparatus
- Fire Fighting
b. Experience Required.
- Full working knowledge of all current manufacturing and maintenance engineer legislation
- A good understanding of Lean maintenance and TPM
- Good understanding of current legislation in terms of Health, Safety and Environment.
- Good Understanding of Continuous Improvement tools in Lean Manufacturing (TPM)
c. Skills Required.
- Active team member
- Flexible, dynamic proactive approach to modern manufacturing requirements
- Coaching and mentoring to support knowledge transfer
- Open and honest culture encouraging recognition for a job well done and where people feel valued
- Proactive member of a Cross Functional Team
- Driving and sustaining a Lean Asset Management Process that will support the 'Manex' strategy.
- The continuous and relentless pursuit of zero.
- Remaining focused on 'One team One vision'
- Budgetary constraints with the ever increasing pressure from legislative and fiscal pressure.
- Personal development and Self-motivation
Stafforce is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77631589