Windows DevOps Engineer
At DevOpsGuys, we aim for our products and services to deliver unsurpassed levels of service to our customers around the world.
As a Windows DevOps Engineer, you'll be a member of the team responsible for helping our customers adopt Continuous Delivery and DevOps technology and practice their software delivery capability.
What you'll do:
- Implement and configure technology to support the Application Delivery Pipeline.
- Help our customers adopt continuous delivery and DevOps practices.
- Automate, Automate, Automate
- Identify improvements in systems management to improve service delivery.
- Monitor application services across multiple customers.
- Implement strategies to gain rapid feedback.
Where you'll work:
Our customer delivery offices are based in Cardiff, Wales. You'll be expected to be in the office, at customer site in London.
Key skills you need:
- You'll always seek to increase flow, and always seek to achieve profound understanding of the system.
- You'll never allow local optimisation to create global degradation.
- You always want to understand and respond to all customers, internal and external, shortening and amplifying all feedback loops between them and yourself, and embedding knowledge where we need it.
- You continually want to experiment, learn from your failures and understand that repetition and practice is the prerequisite to mastery. You have an absolute desire to automate any task you perform more than twice.
- You strive to work with new technology, master it, teach others to use it and make it improve life for everyone.
Technologies you'll be working with:
Here's the products and tools you'll be using to help our customers, so you'll need confidence that you can deliver solutions using the following:
- Windows Azure and Windows Server, including Nano and Containerisation
- PowerShell and PowerShell DSC
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Git and Microsoft TFS
- Microsoft .NET
- Octopus Deploy
- JetBrains TeamCity
- Visual Studion Team Services
- Nuget, ProGet and MyGet
- Vagrant and Docker
- Atlassian Products including JIRA and Confluence
- Cloud Environments including Azure, AWS and OpenStack
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959534078