Mechanical Design Engineer - New Product Development - Manchester
White Label is recruiting for one of our key Manufacturing clients in Greater Manchester. The company is a market leading machinery manufacturer, who strive on innovation and new technology. This is an excellent opportunity for progression and development within a multi-national organisation.
The role has become available within the companies New Product Development team and they are interested in a NPD Design Engineer to be involved in achieving new designs within a medium volume manufacturing environment.
The job spec is as follows:
- Plan and organise own and teams daily & weekly workload to ensure delivery of project milestones and longer-term strategic business objectives.
- Ensure department provides a responsive service to all its 'customers'
- Improved 'right first time' of projects; improve production assembly.
- Improved efficiencies of the engineering team against current standard times by improvement of the existing processes.
- Ensuring projects costs (production) / estimates are understood against actual costs.
- Ensure timely action / closure out of customer concerns, and engineering changes for the department.
- Liaise closely with technical managers to create high quality, high performance material handling solutions
- Preparation of conceptual designs and rendered images
- Contribute to new product design, reducing costs and lead times by investigating and implementing new design techniques and manufacturing processes
- Responsible for carrying out risk assessments and advising safe methods of work
- Responsible for ensuring designs meet required regulatory compliance, CE compliance, Machinery Directives, LVD, etc. Ensure safety, health and environment is inherent in all projects.
- Preparation of technical quotations and producing estimates of product costs
- Develop, maintain and amend engineering design drawings using 2D and 3D software packages
- Participate in and recommend continuous improvement activities
- Liaise with other departments to efficiently and effectively resolve problems
- Promote, improve and maintain appropriate quality systems during the design process.
- Identify own training needs and communicate these through to the Mechanical Design Manager.
The company seeks an experienced Design Engineer with proven experience of New Product Development and with this you will ideally have experience of machinery design. The company use Autodesk Inventor but are open to similar 3D packages.
The company is paying circa £35k depending upon experience, and with this contributory pension scheme, private health care and an annual bonus.
Please apply immediately for consideration and or contact Ruth Llewellyn at White Label Recruitment for further information.