PHP Web Developer Kent
PHP Web Developer
We are actively looking for an experienced PHP Web Developer for a client of ours based in the Kent area. Your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces. This involves working closely with designers, in using semantic mark-up language i.e. XTMTL/CSS, to turn their designs into working browser based web pages.
You’ll also work closely with the Back-end Systems Developers, Lead Developer and UAT team to implement and test their server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites.
Generally, you’ll be integrating bespoke designs and requirements seamlessly into the chosen technology. Your focus will be on team goals, customer value and looking at the bigger picture.
The successful PHP Web Developer will be responsible for:
- Helping to build functional requirements, technical design and implement application features.
- Field questions and solve problems for user support and client services.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by the Systems Developers, with server-side logic.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimisation of the application / database for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implementation of efficient, secure and scalable software.
- Build and maintain functional apps for the business.
- Integrate with existing API’s to enable seamless integration.
- Reporting on server load and other valuable statistics.
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems.
- Be actively involved in company projects, to ensure the Development function is actively promoted.
- Regularly updating the website with new requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Minimum 2 years’ full time experience in PHP development
Must be conversant with both object orient and procedural coding
Minimum 2 years’ full time experience MySQL database design, optimisation and development (not necessarily a full DBA skillset)
Excellent knowledge of Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap, Json etc.) essential
Knowledge of website security is desirable
Basic Unix command line knowledge essential
Experience working with GIT
Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology desirable
To be considered for the PHP Web Development opportunity, please click on the APPLY button below!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77635054