Support Technician Application
This is a leading European provider of customer communications for major global brands. We're a team of many talents, employing around 2,500 people in over 15 countries across a wide range of marketing disciplines. Together, we offer our clients something truly unique - the ability to design, produce and deploy customer communication campaigns of all types and size from start to finish using one marketing services partner.
You will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, providing 1st and 2nd line technical support of IT applications for both internal and external customers, and assisting the Application Support Team to meet Service Level Agreements.
Although primarily an Application Support role, there will be some developmental opportunity to progress your skills with the Technical Services Team and IT Implementation Team, learning about IT Infrastructure, Change Management, IT Implementation and IT Service Delivery.
There will also be developmental opportunities with the Software Development and Test teams learning about the software development lifecycle.
- 1st and 2nd line technical support of software applications
- Assisting in the deployment and configuration of custom applications and enhancements to multiple environments
- Testing specialist applications using pre designed testing documentation
- Identifying software defects and reporting on them
- Retesting issues raised from UAT and the service desk and reporting as necessary
- Any other reasonable tasks/duties, as dictated by business need
- We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, tenacious individuals who want to work in a dynamic, busy environment
- the ability to multi task is essential
- You don't need any industry experience just great interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, the willingness to learn and be part of a team
- Commitment to completing the Apprenticeship
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Working week - Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959535300