Fresh Food Buyer
This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting transformation of one of Cardiff’s longest standing family businesses. The creation of the new role of Fresh Food Buyer will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to shape the future of the Company.
The individual will have experience within the retail sector at the right level to hit the ground running understanding the market and procurement function.
Purpose of the Role
The key purpose of the role is to drive profitable sales through the development of market led innovative and competitive deals.
It is a key role which will contribute to the commercial growth and brand improvement for Peter Broughton Ltd.
Main areas of responsibility
- Negotiation and agreement of costs of goods with suppliers, in accordance with Peter Broughton Ltd pricing policies
- Selection and development of product ranges
- To work collaboratively with Suppliers and the Customer base to optimise the quality and availability of products for our customers.
- To maintain awareness of market dynamics and technological developments and provide insight across the business.
- To work as an integral part of the wider Peter Broughton team to contribute and share ownership for the business’ plan.
- Determine pricing levels in line with Company targets.
- Ensure all operational issues and escalations are appropriately addressed and resolved.
- To develop and maintain key relationships with all internal and appropriate external stakeholders in line with Company strategy for winning and delivering business.
Skills & Key Attributes
- Professional and positive approach
- Exceptional Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
- Strong organisational skills
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative
- High levels of motivation and ambition
- Presentation, research and report writing skills
- Must have been in previous buying role within the fruit and veg industry
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77657195