Product Manager for Real-World Game
Summary of the Role
You will play a key role in managing the product, obsessing about the user experience, the KPIs and the road map. You will own the user led features being built, lead planning, manage internal and external release schedules and ultimately be responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for our users.
– Own sprint cycles, from writing tickets with acceptance criteria, to gathering data and user feedback
– Support and manage our designers and developers.
– Measure features as they move from development, through MVP and into future iterations.
– Work with the CEO and Head of Product Vision to ensure the business and product objectives are executed.
– Manage internal priorities, driving a high level of focus and excellence with a talented team.
– Establish, own and iterate upon a robust Product Management approach
– Identify and resolve impediments faced by the team; proactively raise risks or delays
– Foster a community of beta testers amongst our target audience. Meet with them, understand their needs in depth, get their sincere perspective on developing game features and mechanics
– Strong product management experience, preferably in gaming or digital products.
– Passion for understanding customers, solving their needs and building amazing products from the ground up.
– Comfortable working with data and user insights and articulating those insights to the team
– A strong understanding and familiarity with single-team (or “lightweight”) agile methodologies – with experience using tools and frameworks such as Lean (application of BML), Test-Driven Development, Scrum, XD and Kanban.
– Familiarity with a project management tools, such as Jira, Trello or Asana and a healthy interest in Saas productivity tools
– Some technical intelligence – we don’t expect you to code, but an ability to grasp technical architectures and implementations is necessary
– Results oriented and a desire to test quickly – you make things happen and measure the results.
– Comfortable using both quantitative and qualitative data.
– Hopefully you like running (but it isn’t essential).
– Above all, the ability to improve us. We want someone passionate, considerate and driven who will ask questions, push improvements and make us the best business we can be.
– A fun & social working environment
– Salary based on experience
– Compensation package including options and pension
– A supportive environment to grow your skills including budget for personal development.
– The chance to help shape a business from a very early stage, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technologies and skill sets.
– Studio based in Somerset House, central London at the heart of an artistic and creative hub called Makerversity (laser cutters! 3D Printers! Pub visits!)
How to Apply
Please apply with a C.V. and a brief covering letter. The first stage of the application process will run until 24th November, at which point we will shortlist our chosen candidates for telephone interview. We will endeavour to contact all applicants at this time.
Please do not get in contact if you are a recruiter.Company DescriptionRun An Empire is a location-based strategy game for runners. Put on your running shoes and compete against your neighbours to command the mightiest empire. Build strategically, raid neighbouring kingdoms and ally with friends in a global, mass-participation, augmented reality world.
We’re passionate about creating a social, playful and immersive experience that gets people healthier. We’re a close team spanning product, business, development and design. We believe in making a true game that is rewarding, strategic and social whilst having a positive global impact on people’s health.