Quantity Surveyor / Estimator role with leading Rail sub-contractor - North London
Quantity Surveyor / Estimator role with respected Rail sub-contractor
The company are currently looking to recruit an Estimator / Quantity Surveyor to join the team based in their North London office. This is an exciting time to join the company as they continue to expand their business working with the likes of Network Rail & London Underground and many more blue chip clients.
The main role of an Estimator is to manage commercial activities with a high degree of acumen whilst identifying opportunities to add value throughout the project process. In doing so you will price selected trades from first principles. You will also be able to produce a detailed control document at handover to delivery team and complete project take–offs to the required level of detail.
As a Surveyor the main role is to provide commercial expertise and be responsible for the financial delivery of a project to ensure that it is procured and delivered within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers’ expectations. You will accurately value, certify and issue any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract. Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date.
- Successful delivery of tenders on a wide range of projects
- Have experience of various construction methods
- Experience of controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
- Experience of reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Good standard of mathematical ability
- Successful procurement experience.
- A strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience in Re-measurement of high risk packages and key trades.
- Valid driving licence
- Relevant degree
- Experience of taking off quantities
- Working towards MCIOB/RICS