Job Title: Technology Lead
Corporate Title: Director
An exceptional technologist is required to lead the RCA Technology London 'S POD'.
An 'S Pod' represents a small group of Engineering only resources brought together to address high profile and highly technical problems that require deep expertise and fast deployment. The team will be key to creating and protecting a competitive advantage for the RCA business through leading edge technology.
The key to success in this area is the ability to be well grounded in both the business products and the target technologies and the ability to build a team of like-minded and similarly talented technologists.
The role will include design and development responsibility for the highest priority and technically challenging projects in the RCA area. The initial focus of this role will be to provide technical leadership in the delivery of existing commitments before progressing to build leading edge platforms required to transform the RCA technology landscape over the next 2 years.
- The individual will be responsible for the design and delivery of many of the key components needed to deliver baseline capabilities as well as the technology implementation of the future state platforms to transform the RCA business into an industry leader.
- The individual will be required to work closely with the development teams, business streams as well as the architecture group.
- Managing / running a team of highly skilled engineers
- Working closely with relevant business heads to understand and guide business requirements, solution vision & execution planning.
- Working closely with the CIO for Strategic Platforms and Head of Architecture and R&D to develop the next generation components within the Target State vision for the platform.
- Ensuring software development within RCA London S POD follows best practice tools and methodologies and is delivered using all relevant bank standards.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven track-record of successful IT project delivery to high-pressure clients
- Extensive experience coding with various languages - Java essential and Python highly desirable, others (C, C++, C#, R, Q, etc) desirable.
- Extensive experience practicing Agile and Test Driven Development
- Extensive experience practicing Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Sound understanding of the electronic trading environment and the technology stack including storage, networking, messaging and hardware.
- Can demonstrate the ability to thrive within a dynamic, fast paced environment with short delivery cycles and changing requirements.
- Experience of working in a robust technology environment with a clear appreciation of software development best practices and change control procedures.
- Relevant experience and interest in algorithmic, machine learning and AI technologies extremely advantageous.
- Understanding of the different architectural design patterns
- Understanding of data architecture and protocols
- Sophisticated communication skills to operate with senior business managers
- Personal organisation, completer/finisher, consensus building
- Understanding of AFC (Anti Financial Crime an advantage
- Thorough understanding of the wider technology landscape, emerging technologies and able to understand and communicate how they apply to the business domain and existing platform.
- Working understanding of IT security and how it applies to application design, implementation and operation.
- A strong understanding of the process of building applications, the technical environment within which they operate, the processes required to successfully manage their day to day operation and their ongoing maintenance and capacity planning.
- In-depth experience in a high-pressure, fast-moving environment E.g. with a leading consulting firm within financial services or an International investment bank and able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the front to development lifecycle.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77625058