Senior Web Developer Net
You will be responsible for the technical design and development of new web based solutions and the modification and enhancement of existing web based systems ensuring adherence to coding standards and best practices.
We pride ourselves on having a truly distinctive company culture. It’s not what a lot of people expect, because VWFS is an informal, collaborative, really diverse place to be. Of course, we’re professional and ambitious too – but that’s why going Beyond Expectations really means something to us. We not only go beyond expectations for our customers, but we go beyond expectations for our people too, in the development, opportunities, rewards and work-life balance we offer.
About the role
- You will deliver working software whilst adhering to coding standards and best practices, including code reviews and writing of automated tests
- You will work with testers to define automated tests and with Business Analysts to ensure a proper understanding of business requirements and functional design
- You will be reviewing Functional Specifications and feedback comments to the Business Analysts, and designing new web based software solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing web based systems
- You will need to produce any necessary technical documentation, collaborate with testers to resolve issues and contribute towards design discussions and decisions.
- You will need to have solid C# .NET development skills with demonstrable experience of ASP.NET MVC, Web Forms and Web API
- You will need a firm understanding of object-oriented programming, SOLID design principles and their importance in delivering quality software
- You will have experience of working within an Agile (SCRUM, LEAN/KANBAN, XP) environment, and experience of working with Fluent NHibernate, Entity Framework or another ORM
- An understanding of API design, TDD, BDD and automated testing is highly desirable
- Any exposure to TeamCity or another continuous integration tools would be great.
Do you fancy having a soft top for the summer or 4x4 for the winter or how about having a Caravelle for that weekend away with the family camping? Then joining VWFS could be the answer; we change our cars every 4 months or 8,000 miles and the choice is yours. As part of our broader benefits packages, we offer some great benefits designed to make your life easy and look after your wellbeing and your family’s.
More benefits than you expected?
- Employee Car Ownership scheme (changed every 4 months)
- 2x Loan Car for your family member’s (changed every 6 months)
- Fuel Card
- Ducati Bikes discount
- Private medical insurance (with family cover available at reasonable rates)
- Income Protection Insurance
- Life assurance cover (4 x basic salary)
- Auto-Enrolled Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Onsite Wellbeing Centre
- On-site concierge services
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77634309