Senior Development Engineer
Science Solutions are recruiting for a Senior Development Engineer for our North West based client. The main purpose of the role is to assist in the development of new/improved products or processes, to carry out testing of materials and products to validate performances, and to provide technical support to the business, it's suppliers and customers.
- To be flexible and maintain a working knowledge of all systems, processes and procedures employed within the Engineering Department to enable effective cover to be provided and enable continuity of service at all times.
- Develop effective working relationships with all departments and feedback in an accurate and timely manner information that may be of use in the decision-making process for these departments.
- As requested, provide expert advice and assistance on technical problems to internal and external customers, relating to materials, processes or manufactured product.
- As requested, provide expert advice and assistance in the use of products within customer applications.
- Lead in the creation, review, maintenance and change control of the Technical documentation employed within the business.
- Lead in the design of procedures and equipment to test material and product for validation purposes.
- During testing, constantly monitor product testing programs to ensure that they are delivered on time and within specification.
- Recommend changes to existing products and equipment to improve specifications and performance.
- Lead in the design and development of new products and equipment to improve the company's product base.
- Support of the industrialisation / handover process of new methods of manufacture and projects to Manufacturing through the use of SOP's, supporting documentation and training.
- Support the investigation into alternative sources for strategic materials.
- Develop training material and provide product manufacturing and application training to company staff as requested.
Knowledge and Experience
- A qualification to degree level or equivalent in Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in a development engineer role in an engineering environment.
- In depth knowledge of materials, material processing and manufacturing methods.
- Experience dealing with customers, suppliers and other relevant external resources.
- Knowledge in at least one of these areas PTFE / Textiles / Packings / Braiding / Rubber.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77646114