Huddersfield HD1 2AR
£23,398 - £24,964 pro rata
30 hours per week
This registered charity based in Kirklees brings together third sector organiations to influence local developments to work together effectively.
They are currently in a development phase, establishing new partnerships and initiatives in a time of change. You will be a fundamental element of this stage, engaging with current members, building external relationships and delivering social media campaigns.
This Communications Coordinator position is a two year contract with continuation subject to further funding.
Communications Coordinator Role and Requirements
As Communications Coordinator you will be the first point of contact for all enquiries, working with members to build relationships, ensuring effective participation and establishing the needs of the sector.
You'll also be responsible for organising events and workshops, promoting the charity and any of its events and activities through social media and traditional marketing methods.
Ideally the Communications Coordinator will have an interest in third sector development and 2 years' experience of communications work. They should also have:
- Have an understanding of effective promotion, publicity, marketing and customer service work
- Have an understanding of the voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise sector, preferably in Kirklees
- Have good IT skills, being skilled and confident at using office packages, social media, web and mobile devices
- Have excellent telephone, face to face and written communication skills, able to communicate formally and informally with strategic decision makers, senior managers, volunteers and the public
- Have good information management and data skills, able to organise data, files and information effectively
- Be self-organised and motivated, able to work independently, get things done and finish projects
- Have demonstrated commitment to diversity & equality in their work
- Be resilient, flexible and confident to work creatively and positively with a wide range of people
Interviews will take place on 18th Decemeber
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Communications Coordinator job click 'apply'. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959547896