Garment Technologist - Menswear - Yorkshire
My client is looking for an experienced Garment Technologist to join their company asap. This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy, ambitious and forward-thinking bran in the manufacturing/fashion sector. The role is varied and you will be responsible for managing the sealing process for two multi-product premium menswear brands. You will need to have attention to detail, be able to work on your own initiative and must have been in a similar role previously, with knowledge of patterns. The ideal candidate must be an accurate, organised and flexible individual who is able to work proactively and must be able to prioritise their own workload and time management, whilst working in a fast-paced office environment.
Garment Technologist – The role
- Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the designers to ensure full visibility of product at the initial stage
- Managing the sealing process from proto, through SMS to production, tracking the samples
- Ensuring all styles are fitted and sealed in line with critical dates as well as meeting the high standard of technical specifications for the Brand
- Overseeing and checking measurements to ensure the company’s sizing policy is maintained and consistent across product categories and that garments are manufactured within tolerances
- Leading and organising all fitting sessions, accurately completing measurement charts and factory communication
- Working with the fabric co-ordinator on any fabric changes and suitability for purpose
- Trims submissions and approvals
- Working very closely with Design turning CADs into Technical Specs to deliver the product aesthetic, with the best manufacturing methods, in line with the brand identity
- Liaising with overseas manufacturers and suppliers in the Far East and Europe for both brands, often by Skype
- Tracking and monitoring sample delivery progress and PP samples in line with the critical path
- Reporting and highlighting any issues or potential issues to achieve good QC for production so that garments wear and wash well
- Ensuring that any follow up action is taken. Identifying where any changes can be made to improve garments
- To drive for continuous improvement, setting standards and systems for both brands
Garment Technologist – The candidate
- Qualification in Clothing Technology or similar
- Experience of working with all menswear product groups
- Organisational skills with experience of working to critical deadlines and critical path management
- Good communication skills with experience of liaising with a range of suppliers and other partners and team with the ability to handle suppliers persuasively
- Strong IT skills, particularly Adobe Illustrator and Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of patterns and how to correct these if a garment is not fitting well
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.