Category Buyer - Food
A PLC, international food manufacturer is currently looking for a Buyer for their well-know branded ambient product range. This business has operations in UK, Europe & America. With over 1,000 employees this business main focus is on Organic & Lifestyle foods brands.
You will be part of a growing, dynamic Buying team in large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable and progressive financial support.
You will be purchasing finished goods & own-brand products & Be involved in raw ingredients & private label buying.
The roles and responsibilities -
- Select suppliers for tender in conjunction with the European Buyer
- To develop, implement, and review a trading plan
- Supplier market knowledge and competitor analysis
- Category management
- Tendering & negotiation
- NPD Support
- Reduce costs where possible with suppliers
- Lead NPD Negotiations, cost breakdown, raw material package, lead time and payment terms
- Increase profit generated - Sales, Margin & Income
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
- Working closely with range and brand team regarding availability levels of products
- Regularly meet and align with key suppliers on long term vision to secure business development
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Buyer, Purchasiing, Buying Manager or Category Manager within a food retailer or supplier
- Track record of negotiations with suppliers
- Has dealt with buying finshed products
- NPD experience is desirable but not essential
- This will suit a candidate who can work quite autonomously and fits a matrix model
- Can manage several projects simultaneously
- Exceptional eye for detail and accuracy - Excellent communication at all levels.
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, blue-chip business with a package to suit which include Bonus, Pension and Flexi-Working where you take control of your own desk! If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q103746.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77635876