Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Position: Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
Location: North Somerset
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 + Benefits
Shifts: 4 days on 4 days off rotating between days and nights
Are you ambitious, driven and eager to progress? Do you have good mechanical and electrical skills? Are you familiar with working in a fast paced FMCG industry?
If so, we are offering an exciting opportunity to work with a leading established food manufacturer, who take pride in investing in their employees and providing training in order to develop and progress careers. My client are leaders in supplying award winning products to all the major supermarkets. Due to expansion, they are looking for a number of Multi-Skilled Shift Engineers to join their growing team. This is a very exciting time to join one of the UK's main food suppliers and progress your career, and be part of an ever-growing and successful business.
As part of the engineering team, your duties would include:
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM), repairs,
- Reactive response to plant and equipment breakdowns
- Involvement in projects and continuous improvement processes
- Mechanical repair and fault finding
- Ensure that engineering standards are maintained/improved and that the engineering work areas are maintained to acceptable standards
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained at a safe level of operation according to current regulations
As an ideal candidate you should have recognised engineering accreditation, mechanical and electrical. Ideally you will be electrically bias and have good mechanical skills and experience, with good communication and a good can-do attitude, and able to operate on your own initiative, along with the following:-
- Experience of FMCG, manufacturing or production industry
- Both strong electrical and mechanical fault finding and repair skills
- Good communications skills with the abilities to interact at all levels
- Proven diagnostic skills
- Excellent problem solving and fault diagnosis skills
- Experience of working shifts preferable
- Driven and able to work both on your own initiative as well as within a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
In return you will receive a competitive pay and benefits package along with the opportunity to be part of a secure and rapidly expanding Company who invests in both it's plant and it's people, along with fantastic training opportunities and autonomy in your role.
For more information, please click 'Apply' or contact Laura Keane at The Sterling Choice on 01733 391515.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77629592