Senior Quality Systems Engineer
A premier Tier 1 supplier of automotive lighting solutions is currently seeking a Senior Quality Systems Engineer to join their team in Buckingham. The Senior Quality Systems Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the Business Management System (BMS) and the quality assurance aspects of the BMS.
The successful Senior Quality Systems Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the interests of the customer are represented at the company and the interests of the company are represented at the customer. They will support operations at the company ensuring that all the quality principles are upheld.
- Using Microsoft Expression or similar tools, update the Business Management System (BMS)
- Update and issue all business documents (eg. policy booklets, process docs, work instructions, FMEAs, Control Plans, quality tools..)
- Support departmental managers to help develop systems, processes and documentation for their departments.
- Assist in completing the internal audit plan
- Drive continuous improvement and run quality circles within production on scrap reduction
- Ensure that system, process and product audits are planned, performed and results issued and any actions are taken to close the issues
- Liaise with 3rd party certification body and support during visits and site assessments
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering qualification
- Previous experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in a senior quality role
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Experience with dealing with customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of quality systems
- Strong knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA
- Lean manufacturing knowledge/qualifications (Six Sigma)
- Knowledge of TS16949
- Membership of an industry related professional body (beneficial)
If you think you match the specification above and would like to be considered for this role, please provide an up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch to discuss your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77624584