Personal Tax Assistant Manager (Top 50 Firm) Central London
Taylor Hawkes are working with a top 50 firm based in Central London, the firm are looking for an assistant manager, preferably ATT & CTA Qualified with over 5 years' experience in private client tax.
Summary of the role
* To assist the Personal Tax Manager with a growing portfolio and caseload. This will include both complex compliance and ad hoc advisory work dealing with OMB and private client type queries.
* You will have an active tax return portfolio, although the size of the portfolio will be reduced in order to accommodate advisory assignments and provide support to the rest of the team with reviewing returns, technical support and supervision.
* The advisory work will cover the Firm's personal client base: you will be required to liaise with both personal and corporate tax team members in respect of handling client's tax affairs overall.
* Supervise a small team
* Assist on consultancy projects, which will include letter and report writing to a wide range of audiences
* Request Tax Return information from the client or audit team
* Prepare and generate Tax Returns using CCH
* Liaise with HM Revenue & Customs on the client's behalf
* Deal with HMRC enquiries in respect of clients allocated to your portfolio
* Monitor WIP and raise bills in a timely fashion
* Identify tax planning opportunities from your portfolio
* Attend client meetings as appropriate
* Undertake technical research
Skills and Experience
* Minimum 3 years' post tax qualification experience
* Proven tax advisory and enquiry experience
* Strong grounding in tax compliance work
* Personable and approachable with the ability to readily establish high levels of credibility
* Ability to develop long term client relationships and deliver added value
* Ability to think strategically about client needs
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong technical skills
* Strong analytical and report writing skills
* Ability to manage and reprioritise work load depending upon client demands
* An accounting or legal training background would be an added benefit
For more information, please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959544449