Hours / Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday 06:00 - 14:00 / 14:00 - 22:00 / 22:00 - 06:00 on a rota basis
We are currently looking to recruit two multi skilled Maintenance Engineers to work at CET Glass (part of Epwin Group).
You will need to be Electrically bias working in a glass manufacturing site providing site support for preventative and reactive site maintenance with an on-going effort to eliminate faults and variation within our processes and deliver right first-time products.
Roles and responsibilities
- Carry out daily planned and unplanned duties as instructed by the Engineering Manager or Shift Manager
- Respond to machinery breakdowns as and when they occur, prioritised by production requirements and allotted work schedule.
- Carry out planned repairs to site and plant equipment as required to manufacturers standards
- Ensure continued operation of water processing and material blending operations through PPM activities / repairs
- Complete allotted tasks in a timely and safe fashion so as to maximise factory output and minimise downtime.
- Record all required information and update technical documentation for all operations as per company works instructions/procedures.
- Cooperate with and lead improvement project activities
- Alert relevant people to process and engineering concerns and proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
- Agree and complete training and development requirements as determined by the Engineering Manager and the training plan.
- Transfer the knowledge and skills among the team and Operators
- Correct use and safeguarding of property issued by the company.
- Ensure workplace is clean and tidy – all housekeeping procedures followed, associated with tasks.
- Creation / updating of standard operating procedures and risk assessments
- Undertake other reasonable duties as and when required.
Skills and Abilities
- Good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to use a PC to an good standard..
- Good communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Higher educational electrical qualification
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Current Edition Wiring qualification
- Clean, neat and tidy approach to work.
- Punctual and adaptable.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a larger team.
- Good polite manner.
- Motivated to learn and develop skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Positive approach to the working environment.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Assertive approach to decision making.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77622472