Software Engineer (Machine Control - Test Equipment)
We are looking for a Software Engineer with some hardware knowledge and expertise in developing real-time machine control software to join a specialist manufacturer of production machinery for the automotive sector. With a host of new products in the development phase they are looking to someone to come in and lead the complete ground up re-development from the existing product range. You are likely to be skilled in C++ or C# and ideally have an understanding of Basic which is used in the previous legacy platform. As undisputed leaders in their field and a track record of solid year on year growth this is a really exciting opportunity for a capable Software Engineer to take complete ownership of how the software for the entire new range of products is shaped.
Essential job requirements for Software Engineer / Controls Engineer
* HND/HNC, degree ( BEng / MEng / BSc etc) with significant software engineering content, eg Computer Science (or Electronics or Mechanical Engineer with subsequent cross training in Software)
* Extensive experience in programming industrial machine control applications (eg test equipment) in a windows embedded environment, including HMI/GUI design
* Proven software development experience using C++ or C#.
* Previous experience writing software which Interfaces with hardware
* Experience of PC based multi-threaded, real-time or distributed applications
* Knowledge of industrial communications protocols eg Ethernet / IP / CANbus and similar machine control & automation standards
* Embedded systems/Electronic background desirable
* Self-sufficient 'get on and do it' attitude with excellent communication and presentation skills.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77631047