Senior Software Engineer - Java / C++ get into Android
Are you a Software Engineer committed to the development of innovative software solutions using the latest technologies? Interested in opportunities where you can do more of what you love - coding, and less of what you don't like - managing. This role offers an excellent opportunity and challenge to take your java, C++ to the next level and to create a niche for yourself in multi-threaded programming across devices including the chance to get into Android as well as high level and some lower level computer programming - on the job training also provided.
In this client facing role you'll be concentrating on back end development and core systems engineering for the defense sector. ** The position will require Security Clearance, so we can only consider British Nationals of single nationality for this vacancy.
Responsibilities for the Java/C++ Developer
- Develop robust software to control devices and systems used by leading defence companies, including real time image processing technology
- Undertake green field projects and proof of concept projects
- Develop full stack web based solutions on time
- Complete software verification tasks
- Work with hardware engineers to debug and integrate software
- Keep learning new technologies
Key skills required for the Java/ C++ Developer role
- Programming skills in Java 8 or C++, C# and Labview also considered
- Experience developing scalable systems on Linux
- Server side and low level programming experience
- Ability to work in a Test Driven Way
- Track work on Git or similar
In return, you'll be joining a fast moving, modern company with global presence. Offering the chance to get into some of the most advanced technologies around. Excellent benefits package includes flexi-time, Excellent Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare, Shares and discount schemes galore.
This a Senior Engineering position, low level programming is not a requirement but we are looking for people who aren't tied to doing just one thing. If you are interested in real time processing and IoT projects collaborating with R&D engineering teams, then please send your CV today.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77631552