Antenna Design Engineer
Exciting opportunity for an Antenna Design Engineer to join a growing Aviation industry giant
Your new company
My Client is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
They also provide customers with integrated services for airborne special mission operations. Its capabilities include aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
Using customised aircraft's to conduct border protection and surveillance operations in Australia and the UK, as well as providing operational readiness training through electronic warfare training for the UK Ministry of Defence. It's also a leading supplier of flight inspection services.
Your new role
My client requires an experienced and self-motivated individual to work within the engineering department of this fast moving and agile business. Working within a small multi-disciplined engineering department, they will be responsible for the electrical design of microwave antennas predominately between 1 and 20 GHz. Experience of antenna measurements using a spherical near field test chamber would be an advantage.
- Design and development of microwave antennas primarily in the 1 - 20GHz range from concept through to production, to defined specifications, within short timescales and to fixed budgets, including.
- RF design using of CST Microwave Studio.
- Liaison with the Mechanical and Production Engineering teams in the development of final product.
- Building of prototypes and pre-production units
- Antenna measurements using the near field spherical test chamber.
Planning project work to:
- ensure that adequate time is given to source all necessary components and meet required deliveries.
- provide regular progress updates and adequate warnings of likely delays.
- Develop new antenna design concepts to support cost reduction and performance enhancements for existing and future products.
- Provide technical support to other departments and customer.
- Ensure that internal procedures are adhered to, in line with Quality Standards and Health and Safety requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience and Personal Qualities:
- 3 years + experience of working in an antenna design/manufacturing environment.
- Experience in microstrip based antenna design within the frequency range 1 - 20GHz
- Experience of computational modelling using CST Microwave Studio
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work within a fast moving environment, undertaking multiple small projects concurrently and operating to relatively short timescales
- Must have a meticulous, thorough and positive approach to work
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have good team and collaborative inter team working skills.
- Knowledge and experience of alternative antenna technologies and experience at VHF/UHF or higher frequencies.
- Good practical skills
- Experience of other computational modelling tools (e.g. HFSS, Concerto, FEKO)
- Experience of dealing with customers
- Experience of SolidWorks and AutoCad.
- Experience of Visual Basic for Applications.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77636590