C++ Engineer - Hertfordshire
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 (+ benefits)
Ambridge Harris is currently recruiting for a C++ Engineer to join a client of ours based in Hertfordshire.
You will be responsible for functionality design and development and will be expected to mentor other members of staff, reporting to the development manager. As part of this role you will spend a significant proportion of your time creating software.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design Specification & Building of software
- Work with the QA team
- Code and unit test product enhancements
- Provide structured QA tests (automated where appropriate)
Technical Requirements & Personal Attributes
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Substantial experience in C and/or C++ developing on Windows or UNIX down to system library call level
- Extensive experience developing on UNIX (Solaris, AIX, or Linux) and / or Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of an RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) at the API level either ODBC, OCI or JDBC.
- Understanding of OO design methodologies
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile development practices
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Job ref: 22179
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77616902