Human Machine Interface (HMI) Specialist Engineer
Our client, a global automotive OEM based in Bedfordshire requires a HMI Specialist Engineer to work at their site based in Bedfordshire.
The HMI Specialist Engineer is required to work in the department responsible for instrument cluster, navigation, audio, driver controls and head-up display development. The department is part of the Electronics Division. The Division mission is to develop and successfully launch electrical and electronic systems onto existing and new vehicle platforms in Europe.
The HMI Specialist Engineer is required to join a newly created HMI team. The team works in an exciting new area and is essential to the success of HMI solutions delivered for our client's European vehicles. The team's role will be to provide European input to global HMI development process covering HMI content and technology as well as completing specific HMI related annual activities on behalf of their global counterparts.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Agree timing for European input to global HMI developments with overseas counterparts.
- Prepare for and conduct reviews of HMI systems and create alternative proposals if required.
- Make feedback to overseas counterparts.
- Make input into HMI guideline definitions.
- Conduct necessary competitor benchmarking.
- Conduct specific annual HMI type activities requested by overseas counterparts.
- Prepare for and make regular status reports to senior management
Background and Experience:
- The successful candidate should have a proven automotive development background and a strong knowledge of automotive HMI principles and best practice.
- Ideally they should also have an understanding of electronic principles and an interest and appreciation for HMI technologies applied in vehicles now and a vision towards the future.
- Important personal attributes include being well organised, an excellent communicator and able to show high levels of initiative and proactivity.
- Be able to travel in the UK and abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks.
- Competent with PC applications (MS office etc.).
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259-
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role
To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77626226