From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become a leading business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other?s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we?re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The primary focus of this role will be to provide general legal support to the Gazprom Energy business, which will include but not be limited to, general commercial legal advice, corporate governance, company secretarial, advising on disputes, competition law, data protection, advertising law and employment law. Additionally, the role holder will be actively involved in developing and updating legal policies, provides training on legal issues and providing updates to the business on relevant legal developments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide general legal support to the Gazprom Energy business (to include commercial legal advice, advice on disputes, competition law, data protection and employment law)
- Draft, negotiate and advise on gas and power supply and industry agreements
- Review and update house contract positions and standard Terms and Conditions
- Develop and update Legal policies
- Provide training to the Gazprom Energy business on legal issues
- Work with the wider Gazprom legal team to ensure that appropriate corporate governance processes are in place and are being followed
- Update the Gazprom Energy business on relevant legal developments
- Advise and support the Gazprom Energy Regulatory team
- Liaising with external advisers to manage the provision of specialist advice to the Gazprom Energy business
Skills & Competencies
- Commercially focussed legal advisor
- Clear communicator
- Good level of legal drafting skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Confident at managing conflicting priorities/stakeholder management
- Experience of in-house secondment would be highly advantageous, but not essential.
- Knowledge or active interest in the energy industry would also be advantageous but is by no means essential.
- Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959536183