Infrastructure Engineer required for this national professional services organisation, based in their Crawley data centre. You will be part of the Infrastructure team, focused on supporting and enhancing their national IT infrastructure as well as significant project work.
The responsibilities of role are broad and will include maintaining and enhancing the core and branch IT infrastructures, including the company's desktop 'Standard Build'. Liaising with infrastructure suppliers to coordinate new implementations and maintenance of existing infrastructure.
Proactive monitoring and performance improvement of current infrastructure. Provide 3rd line support and assist in testing of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity procedures. In short, you will be providing 'best of breed' IT solutions.
The right candidate will have a good mix of:
- Excellent knowledge of the implementation and administration of Windows Servers running Active Directory, DNS, DFS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- Good working knowledge of Virtualisation using VMWare ESX and Virtual Center
- High-level knowledge of TCP/IP networking including VLAN's, Layer2/3 switches, routing and WAN optimisation.
- Experience of working with Application and Desktop Virtualisation using Citrix, Microsoft RemoteApp/RDS and AppV
- Firewall experience including Palo Alto, Microsoft TMG and related security technologies.
- Enterprise Monitoring and trend analysis using System Centre Operations Manager and Solarwinds.
- Configuration and Service Management technologies and concepts, ideally using System Center
- Storage Management using SAN based on Dell Compellent Hardware.
- Experience of Windows Failover Clustering.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining Office 365 in a hybrid Exchange environment.
- Experience of Sophos and Lumension Endpoint Security technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of Backup Technologies such as Arcserve, Tape Libraries, and DAS.
- Vendor management and third party collaboration.
- Experience working in an ITIL aligned
This is a superb opportunity with a progressive organisation that have and continue to invest heavily in their IT infrastructure. It's an opportunity to work on innovative projects for one of the leaders in their market.
They have created a working environment of which they are rightly proud and they need people who are talented, positive and robust and can make a real contribution to their future technical direction.
To discuss in detail please send your CV to Richard Morgan at Remit Resources ASAP
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77630863