Missile Electronic Design Graduate Stevenage
What’s the opportunity?
The Missile Electronic Design department provides complex electronic solutions to meet the demanding needs of missile projects, starting at the beginning of the design process where we develop electronic architectures from requirements received. We have opportunities in our missile electronics design teams for graduates to learn the design process across our range of products.
What will you be doing?
As key members of the Missile Electronics Design department, successful candidates will develop an extensive knowledge and gain hands on experience in one or a combination of the disciplines below:
- Complex circuit design (Analogue, Digital, FPGA etc.) for computers, Safety related products, datalinks, ground/firing equipment etc.
- Analogue and Digital circuit test techniques and circuit design;
- Microwave / RF test measurement techniques and design;
- Analysis and characterisation techniques.
What are the benefits for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to develop and broaden technically within a growing company and multi-skilled team. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to commence a career and achieve a real feeling of success.
What’s great about joining this team?
The Missile Electronics Design department offers the opportunity to work on all aspects of the ‘design, make, prove’ process for a wide range of complex electronic products as part of the graduate scheme, as part of a dedicated team focussed on delivery and technical excellence, which will be stimulating and rewarding both technically and on a personal level.
Collaborative working with other functions of MBDA will also provide wide knowledge of the company and its operations which will be invaluable when considering future career aspirations. This will require some travel, for instance to France, depending upon the project being worked on.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
Graduates will be qualified to degree level or above (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in electronic engineering, general engineering (with electronics) or related subjects. A practical knowledge of software development would be beneficial, but not essential.
The Graduate Scheme is accredited with the IET and Graduates are expected, and supported, to work towards C. Eng registration. I. Eng registration can also be supported where appropriate.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus & salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/77624969