Accountant / Accounts manager
We are seeking a a qualified or part-qualified accountant for an accountancy practice in West London. Although your technical skills will be essential, your role will mean managing up to 100 clients per year, meeting these clients, hence communication skills along with relationship building skills are paramount.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of year end accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT based work from information supplied by client to the required standards.
- Identifies points to raise with clients and to raise potential for additional services including added value services and advice.
- Finalise paperwork for dispatch to client, HMRC in a timely manner meeting required deadlines and quality.
- Liaise with client to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive way and ensuring attention to details and effective questioning of client.
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Support team mates by providing on the job coaching
- Use appropriate support networks to clarify knowledge on complex queries
- Book-keeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required.
- Prepare client tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines in line with the firms standards.
- Assisting clients with accounts software and other book-keeping queries as required.
- Involvement in networking and business generation under the guidance of more senior team members.
- Continuous Interaction with Clients on Tax Planning Strategies and various matters of their Companies.
- Preparation, review and Finalization of Annual Accounts, Corporation Tax & Personal Tax Returns and Submitting the same to Companies House and HMRC within due dates
- Ability to review a complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
- Good in communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Excellent problem resolutions skills and ideas generation ability
- Ability to review a complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
- In depth accounts preparation Knowledge
- Knowledge of Accounts systems essentially Sage and their uses and benefits
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959537181