Assistant Site Manager Apprenticeship - Harrow
This is an entry level role, encompassing all areas of office administration by implementing and monitoring administrative systems, procedures and policies. You will also be tasked to carry out pre-Start meetings, provide detailed reports for all project elements prior to start dates providing advice as to whether the recommended schedule, budgets and equipment are fit for purpose or require updating. Liaise closely with nominated external architects/fitters and all other consultants and contractors.Meeting agreed time-scales final layouts and fitting details and to represent the interests of the company at all times.Common tasks that you may be asked to carry out include:
- Help to ensure that projects are planned and completed in a timely, safely manner.
- Maintaining daily diary to record site events and requirements.
- Learn standards for inspections of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Comply with the site specific environmental action plan requirements.
- Gain a thorough understanding of site boundaries, access points and site office procedures
- Build relationships with other business unit teams like Sales and Commercial.
- Shadow site management team on CITB inspection visits.
- Manage and co-ordinate the safe and tidy storage of material delivered to the site.
- Shadow and report to the business unit Production Director on specific development targets and objectives
Typical Working Week
You will work on site for five days per week. Most site hours are Monday to Friday, 08.00-17.00.
- Have a genuine interest and passion for pursuing a career within Construction
- A team player
- Goal orientated
- Highly organised
- Strong people skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to focus
On completion of your apprenticeship you should think about higher education into construction. There are a vast array of progression routes and opportunities from office management to being an project management. The world is your oyster!
Key Training/College Information
K10 will enrol and fund your qualifications through a SFA funded training provider. It is likely to take 12-18 months to complete this apprenticeship, depending on current qualifications and experience.
Applicants need to have at least a Level 1 in Functional Skills or GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths. (GCSE’s valid within last 5 years)
It will be an advantage if you have some previous related work experience and you should be confident using ICT.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77625657