Web Designer / Front End Developer
Join Traveltek and play a part in shaping the future of online travel bookingTraveltek is currently pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. The East Kilbride-headquartered firm, which also has offices in the Midlands, Sydney, Miami, Dubai, Singapore, Hyderabad and Hong Kong is looking to strengthen its market share in existing locations and establish a presence in new growing markets.
We are looking for a talented Web Designer / Front End Developer to join our team and help us build the next generation of travel websites.
Our Front End Design team helps major brands across the world build business critical travel web sites, getting involved at all stages of the process from initial wire-framing right through to design, build and testing - making this is a truly exciting and challenging position.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Delivering high quality web projects built upon the Traveltek CMS system
- Assisting our Project Managers in evaluating, estimating and planning new requirements
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team
- UAT and quality control
Our preferred requirements...
- Excellent knowledge of UI and graphic design principles and tools
- Experience using CSS Pre-processors such as Sass or Less
- A high quality portfolio of previous builds
Great to have...
- Existing professional experience within a team environment or equivalent
- Experience with mobile web development
- A good grasp of wire-framing tools and practices
- Knowledge of CSS naming conventions (BEM/SMACSS or similar)
- Experience of front end templating languages (we use Nunjucks)
- Knowledge of front end performance optimisation best practices
- Foreign language skills, especially Spanish, German, Italian or French would be advantageous.
Our offices have plenty of free parking, are close to major bus routes, and you can almost see the train station with direct links to Glasgow from our windows. Employees also benefit from a number of initiatives including birthday and loyalty bonus payments, our yearly "conference of a lifetime" for top employees (which this year was an all expenses paid trip to Hong Kong), and our legendary Christmas parties.Team spirit
Join Traveltek and you become part of a team that values strong working relationships, career progression and shared success. We are committed to your development and job satisfaction in the firm belief that if you excel, so do we. We want you to play a key role in our evolution and expansion, becoming part of our ongoing success story – and the growing Traveltek family.What you need to do nowSend your CV along with a covering letter outlining your relevant experience, skills and what you can bring to the role with us.This position is full time and is based at our offices in East Kilbride, Scotland, this should be seen as truly exciting opportunity.This position is subject to pre-employment checks including Disclosure Scotland screening.Take your career to new heights with Traveltek. We look forward to having you on board!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77624658