Java Software Engineer - Farnborough
Would you like to work a faced paced and changeable environment, for a market leader in providing secure public cloud?
Our client has a fantastic new opportunity for a Software Engineer to join their team. They have an exciting culture of disruption and innovation and are a business that will truly invest in you as an individual.
What you’ll be doing
• Assisting with the technical design and development of applications as part of Scrum and engineering teams
• Developing secure, performant and scalable applications/software services that enable our client to achieve their business goals
• Actively engage with other project and technical teams to improve cross working/team knowledge
• Input into functional requirements, ensuring these are clearly stated and testable. Ensure non-functional requirements are addressed
• Write supporting documentation for design, configuration and on-going support • Maintain technical knowledge of current technical trends and standards
• Provide Subject Matter Expert level code and application support when needed, including leadership of technical investigations
Skills and experience you’ll need
• Expertise in aJava
Skills and experience it would be good to have·Knowledge of the principals of virtualisation with VMware or OpenStack, AWS/Azure.·In-depth knowledge of security coding practices (OWASP and similar).·Demonstrable expertise in design and implementation of testing frameworks, for example Unit Testing, BDD/TDD, Performance Testing and Security Testing (Fuzz).
What you’ll get
• Competitive salary plus 10% bonus.
• 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day.
• Contributory pension, healthcare and life cover.
• Access to free parking.
• Active social and charity events.
• Childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes.
• Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77628312