Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
RESQ, A leading UK call centre has an opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer
A Senior Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the internal network, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments. They will provide expert technical assistance to team members with high-level system and networking request. This role will be responsible for designing, implementing and testing complex LAN and WAN infrastructure in an enterprise level environment.
As a member of the IT Team, a Senior Network Engineer will work independently and as part of a team to answer service desk calls, urgently analyse technical issues, address Level 3 escalations, work on team related projects, and troubleshoot issues.
This role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, QOS, wireless, and security
- Internal systems, Azure cloud and network infrastructure.
- Security: PCI compliant networking.
- Disaster recovery and BCP planning.
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Perform network assessments and security audits
- Design and implement enterprise class networks
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Communication with internal customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Be available for other engineers to coach and train them
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Professional qualities
- Generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the process of innovative change.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Client Management
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages internal client expectations effectively.
Required Technical Proficiencies:
- Networking design.
- Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN’s)
- Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN)
- Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking)
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Fortinet firewall configuration / support
- Windows server 2008 / 2012
- knowledge of other vendors HP, Extreme, pfSense is desirable/not essential
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77627489