Principal Java Software Engineer (82k)
(Principal Java Software Engineer - Perm)Salary - £75,000 + 8k Bonus
Our client is a leading Software provider who employs over 4,000 staff across 50+ Countries. With a Turnover of over £1 billion and share prices doubling in the past year the company is now looking to expand its Software Development Team with the addition of an experienced Java Software Engineer to join their growing team in London.
(This position is suited to someone with 3-6+ years’ experience in the software industry)
The Java Software Engineer will work in a close-knit team that designs, builds and tests the a globally successful product the company provides to millions of users
The product is a single solution for high-performance, low-latency messaging across a wide array of delivery channels, including all mainstream enterprise, Web and mobile platforms.
Our client is looking for a highly-motivated Java Engineer and skilled individual, who will bring to the role important skills but will also be keen to learn new ones on an ongoing basis as the role develops. This individual must be a good all-round software developer, and be willing to learn, adapt to, and utilize new technologies.
All team members will work as part of multidisciplinary ‘agile’ distributed teams alongside other Java Engineers.
•A First Class or Second Class Upper first degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or an Engineering-related subject is required, with a Masters or Ph.D. degree in a relevant subject considered desirable
• Strong and up-to-date development skills in Java.
• Substantial experience of systems programming techniques including multi-threading, performance optimization and memory profiling.
• Experience of software development and maintenance on multiple platforms including Windows, Linux and Mac OS-X.
• Experience of commercial software engineering, working practices and methodologies, especially agile software development.
• Knowledge and practical experience of QA methodology and practice, including unit testing and TDD.
• A good understanding of networking and machine architecture.
• Experience with JMS, AMQP, MQTT and other messaging technologies. (Desirable)
The successful candidate will be someone who takes pride in constantly improving, and is passionate about delivering software engineered to the highest standards of readability/maintainability, performance, and usability. They will have strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with peers and prospects/customers. They will have the ability to operate independently and work on their own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility for software deliverables.
If this sounds like you and have the desire to work for a successful global brand ‘Apply Today’ as successful applicants for the Java Software Engineer role will be contacted within 48 hours.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77635200