A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a very successful manufacturer of ladies and childrens fashion jersey, supplying some of the best names on the high street. This well established supplier has an immediate opportunity for a trend led, Girlswear Designer looking to take the next step on the career ladder. To be responsible for producing exciting, trend driven ranges for the UK high street…an opportunity not to be missed out on!
Girlswear Designer - The Role
- Working in a busy, fast paced environment you will be responsible for designing commercial, trend led childrens ranges for high street accounts.
- Using your own initiative to ensure customer requirements are being met and overseeing Assistant Designers.
- With an exceptional eye for trend you will help direct the look, feel and direction for the childrens department.
- Researching and identifying latest key trends, catwalks influences to inspire and develop new ranges, and to compliment and drive forward existing product lines.
- Working closely with buying and merchandising teams to source, present and select commercial ranges and identify key growth design areas for this client.
Girlswear Designer - The Candidate
- This position is looking for an experienced girlswear designer with a proven background in childrenswear design looking for the next step.
- Must be a talented and creative designer with a good eye for new trends and fast fashion.
- It is essential you will have worked closely with Buying teams previously.
- You will be a well organised, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc.
- Confident in garment construction.
- Ability to build relationships with retailers and inspire business.
- Experienced in presenting ideas and trend to senior members of staff.
- Excellent communication skills required
- Able to travel as and when required.
- Must have drive and ambition
- Highly organised with the ability to implement and follow procedures.
- Looking to attract an ambitious, determined individual.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established, rapidly expanding manufacturer of ladies and childrens fashion jersey.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest