Claims Handler - Pet Insurance
Claims Handler - Pet Insurance
Based at Kings Hill, West Malling
£17k - £22k pa DOE
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our client based in Kings Hill, they are going from strength to strength and growing rapidly. As a Claims Handler you will work in the Claims department for the Pet Insurance team.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Assessing new and continuation claims, by reviewing all claim documentation supplied by a policyholder and relevant third parties.
- Collecting accurate information and necessary documents to proceed with a claim.
- Guiding policyholder on how to proceed with the claim and keeping them informed at all times, both verbally and in writing.
- Ensuring prompt and accurate payment of valid claims.
- Assisting policyholders with general queries and insurance issues.
- Writing clear and accurate non-standard letters, where claim circumstances require it.
- Identifying potentially fraudulent claims and following agreed process for referral.
- Make sure that you treat all our customers with the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Understand how you play a part in the Customer Experience.
- Provide a service to all of our customers (internal and external) that is memorable for the right reasons and builds our reputation as a great company to work for and do business with.
Doing the right thing
- Make sure that everything you do fits in with the legal requirements, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Be aware of threats to our organisation and customers (e.g. financial crime, fraud and money laundering).
- Taking the appropriate action to minimise the impact of risks to our business (e.g. by following processes and reporting any concerns to your manager).
- Treating the personal data of our customers, employees and other individuals lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and other related legislation.
What would we like to see in you?
We are looking for bright and enthusiastic individuals, who have a passion for animal care and providing an excellent service to our customers. A Veterinary Nursing qualification is preferable, but someone who is working towards the qualification or has insurance claims handling experience would also be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Organised and methodical
- Computer literate
- Strong customer service and problem resolution skills
- First class interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external parties.
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Respect for customer and business confidentiality
- Strong service delivery ethic
- High standard of personal motivation and initiative
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
Experience and knowledge
- Experience of working within a Veterinary Surgery/ a detailed knowledge of animal care OR;
- At least one year?s experience of handling Pet Insurance claims
Nice to have:
- Qualified Veterinary Nurse
What?s on offer?
- Competitive Salary.
- An opportunity to put to use a practical knowledge of animals and their care, from the comfort of an office environment.
- Become part of a fast paced, growing team.
- A supportive environment, where self-development and improvement is encouraged and supported.
Our client is within the financial services industry client will carry out criminal record and financial checks including CCJs and bankruptcy.
All initial interviews will be carried out in our offices in Maidstone. Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client. Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959535741