IT Service Desk Analyst - Technical Support
IT Service Desk Analyst - Support Analyst - 1st/2nd/3rd Line - Incidents - Service Requests - Microsoft - Windows - ASAP Start
Work Location: Exchange Quay, Manchester
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.45am - 5.15pm
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £36.3 billion and more than 152,400 clients. Our award winning products include Small Self-Administered Schemes (SSAS), Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP), ISAs and Dealing Accounts. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London and a stock broking office in Tunbridge Wells.
We are now looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join our Technology Services Department in Manchester. Reporting into the Service Delivery Team Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring that Incidents and Service requests are resolved within SLA and act as the first point of escalation and support for IT queries. This is a very technical Service Desk and the successful candidate will gain experience and knowledge of a very wide range of technologies. As such, this role could be suitable for those with experience on a Service Desk who are looking to increase their technical experience, or those looking to start in IT that have strong evidence of technical and analytical skills gained through education.
- Logging calls via telephone and gathering sufficient details for resolution by the relevant person.
- Classify calls to the service desk on arrival via email.
- Perform troubleshooting with end users via email, telephone and in person.
- Take ownership of technical problems and see through to resolution, even when passed to third parties.
- Help to plan and execute desk moves.
- Install software on new PCs and Laptops.
- Setup mobile devices to users, e.g. Blackberry, iPhone, iPads.
- Maintain and update working documents such as mobile phone lists, and asset registers.
- Strong customer focus, demonstrated through an excellent telephone manner and the way in which problems / issues are handled and resolved.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, evidenced via previous work experience or technical / scientific qualifications.
- Ability to work and communicate with people at all levels.
- Experience of Windows Operating system.
- Ability to set up and configure PCs and Laptops.
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications.
- An active knowledge of information technology, and a passion for keeping up to date with the latest technologies. Desire to learn new skills and progress professionally.
- Positive approach to new problems.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- 22 days holiday increasing to 29 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bi-annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme and childcare vouchers
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events
- Free gym and classes
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Keywords: Technical Support Analyst, service desk, IT, support, 1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line, Microsoft, Windows, assistant, Active Directory, VMWare, Cisco, configuration, MCSE, MCSA
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959539528