Senior Android Developer/Mobile App Developer/Android Engineer
Job Title: Senior Android Developer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This digital products company is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, with exceptional Android skills, who loves being involved in challenging and innovative work to help them create digital products across a range of industries.
They are one of the largest specialised enterprise mobility companies in the world that solves complex business problems by creating mobile and digital products, which improve people's lives. If you love technology, have a passion for learning new things and thrive in a team-based culture then this could be the place for you!
Although 90% of their projects are native mobile apps they also work with other technologies such as wearables, VR/AR and IoT devices as well as web & hybrid apps. These projects range from boutique to multinational, across consumer and enterprise.
They take their clients from concept to architecture and through to development and support. These relationships can be as short as four weeks but often lead to a continuous delivery model which can be as long as two years.
They work in 10-day sprints, following all Scrum rituals and have a passion for Clean Architecture & SOLID principles. If you want to see a project through end to end, but still have the opportunity to work across different industries on a variety of projects then this could be the right opportunity for you.
What will you do?
- Mentor and support more junior team members, providing technical leadership & advice
- Work and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary Agile team to build, test and deliver robust high-quality software, by:
- Participating in workshops
- Gathering and refining requirements
- Performing technical analysis
- Delivering working software incrementally
- Participate in team-based estimation exercises
- Help maintain and improve our code quality through peer review, unit and functional test automation and delivering according to an agreed 'definition of done'
- Document your work - in code and on our development wikis
- Contribute to, author & critique software designs & architectures for technical projects
Experience/ Skills Required:
- Extensive recent hands-on coding and software design experience on the Android platform, ideally with experience on another platform (e.g. iOS, .Net or React Native)
- Code against, and promote the use of, SOLID principles to write clean, reusable, maintainable and readable code
- A deep knowledge of platform-specific coding conventions and patterns
- Unit test experience, including mock objects and code coverage
- Experience with platform tools for troubleshooting, debugging and optimising your code
- Knowledge of the SDLC and experience maintaining and improving a Continuous Integration system
- Proven track record delivering software using Scrum or Kanban
As well as offering a great team culture with a relaxed office environment, free fruit and music playing they have more perks such as:
- 25 days' holiday + a bonus day for your Birthday (in addition to all Public Holidays)
- Annual Professional and personal training/development allowance
- Monthly mobile phone allowance
- Flexi hours, free lunch & drinks every Friday
- Free Bootcamp class every week- not for the faint-hearted!
- The opportunity to work on different projects in one of their other global offices (Sydney, Dubai, New York etc.)
More about the Company
The Company is a digital products company improving people's lives through technology. Focusing on strategy, experience design, development and systems integration, their work is hinged on five key values: Transparency, Resilience, Problem-solving, Energy and Curiosity. They have a reputation for innovation and creating long-term partnerships with customers such as Emirates, American Express, The United Nations, Westfield, ADP and New Look.
Their People are their culture and that is what makes them unique. Founded in 2003 with a team spanning 9 global offices and counting, they are excited to continue supporting businesses.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
IMPORTANT: Please read this information carefully.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Senior Android Developer, Mobile Developer, Mobile Software Engineer, App Developer, Android Engineer, Android Technician, Scrum, SDLC may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77612611