Multi-skilled Engineer - electrical bias
Electrically biased multi skilled maintenance engineer job in Northampton. 3 shift rotation. £40k-£45k
Your new company
This established company is famous for it's impressive client pool and high quality product. It's main UK site in Northampton is a leading player in product development and customer service. They are going through a period of sustained growth and, having recently invested £3 - £4 million pounds in new equipment, are currently looking to move to new state of the art premises. Due to market growth, a permanent Maintenance Engineer is needed to join their highly skilled team.
Your new role
You'll carry out planned PM tasks on all types of plant and production equipment. Main duties will include:
- 100% on-time completion of all PM activities
- Liaise directly with production/planning to ensure availability of equipment to ensure 'on-time, in full' completion of PM
- Maintain a flexible approach to ensure production requirements are met whilst planning/carrying out PM activities
- Ensure PM documentation is completed in full with details of any follow up actions
- Responsible for identifying and specifying any parts required for the PM activities and any corresponding corrective action
- Actively assess the PM schedule and tasks to ensure continuous improvement of the procedures
- Take a strong bias towards PREVENTION in all tasks (preventive and corrective).
- Ensure production equipment is left in tidy and clean condition with all guarding & equipment correctly in place after completion of task
- Responsible for ensuring there is no risk of harm to yourself or others during PM activities.
- Provide rapid response to machinery failures to minimise production downtime
- Apply a logical approach to equipment failures and fault investigation
- Prioritise equipment failures in-line with business requirements
- Inform direct report of any parts that are required either for stock or direct repairs.
- Carry out, and assist formal root cause investigations
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a time-served Maintenance Engineer with electrical bias and experience of working on injection moulding machinery. You'll also hold relevant electrical qualifications. You will have had experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and be able to effectively prioritise your workload. You will be a team player who can think on their feet and whose focus is keeping downtime to a minimum. Your experience of fault finding and root cause analysis will lead to your continued success.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a salary of £40k - £45k depending on experience, There is also an extensive benefits package which includes a Company pension scheme (available after 1 years service), 25 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 3 years service (plus bank holidays). You will find that job security is a given when working for this multi-national business looking to make long term investment in the UK. Opportunities to attend new train courses and keep your skills right up to date are a priority for this employer. You will be working in an open culture where you will have the autonomy to make your own decisions and suggest improvements. You will be joining a busy, highly skilled team of like minded individuals where your working life will be varied and interesting with no day the same.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77622491