Assistant Company Accountant
New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Company Accountant to join their team based in Lanark. Joining them on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary.
Our client is a market leader in the manufacture and supply of Water Tank solutions. They are continually expanding their operations in Lanark and Croydon, attracting a diverse range of skill sets in their employees. The Company culture is based on heritage where their success is attributed to the people who work for them.
The Company has nearly 50 years’ experience in the Water Storage market in the UK market. The company also offers full end to end project management service, supporting the design, manufacture and installation of solutions for the water storage industry.
As part of the Finance team the successful Assistant Company Accountant will have responsibility for the management of the Finance function of the business, which includes the supervision of other staff members employed. This role will report in to the Company Accountant, and will be an integral part of the team. The Assistant Company Accountant will also report to group Headquarters on a periodic basis.
Primary responsibilities of the Assistant Company Accountant
You will be responsible for the following areas across the business:
- Monthly trial balance and management accounts.
- Management of the company treasury function.
- Preparation of year end accounts and liaison with external auditors.
- Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations
- Management of the Sales Order and Purchase order Processing functions.
- Preparation of monthly payroll: review of weekly payroll calculations.
- Completion of Inland Revenue returns for PAYE/NI, VAT CIS, and other statutory reporting requirements.
- Management of the month end stock taking process.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Skills, knowledge and experience required by the Assistant Company Accountant
- Professional Accounting qualification e.g. AAT, ACA, CIMA, ACCA.
- Good numerical skills.
- Post qualification experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
- A high level of computer literacy to include SAGE line 50, payroll processing, Microsoft Office suite and specifically Excel and word.
- Be capable of working closely with all business functions.
- High energy level required.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Experience of working in and improving upon, a customer focused environment
- The ability to work as part of a close team
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, this is the place to be. Why not click apply today to become their Assistant Company Accountant – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join them!
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect their policy of no cold calling.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77631160