A good opportunity has become available with our Gloucester food based company to be a vital part of an energetic hands on engineering team, focusing on equipment performance and reliability.
The role is to ensure rapid diagnostics of any faults that occur putting in long term solutions to overcome any problems with manufacturing equipment.
In order to be considered for the Maintenance Engineer position candidates will have a minimum of three years of experience in engineering mechanical/electrical and hold a mechanical or electrical qualification.
There are two positions available:
Day shift: 4 off shifts on / 4 shifts off rotating 7 am to 7 pm
Night shift: 4 shifts Monday to Thursday 7 pm to 7 am
Maintenance Engineer to carry out the following duties
- Assist the overall teams to diagnose and rectify settings, mechanical and electrical faults.
- Carrying out planned maintenance of the equipment in a timely manner that upholds the quality of the operation, focusing on safety, output, project quality, cost effectiveness and improvement of the company machinery within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure a two-way communication with all engineers with ongoing / new issues.
- To ensure safe and efficient factory operation and compliance to legislative Health, Safety, quality and Environmental requirements within the job limits.
- Communicate with work with shift and day shift colleagues as well as shift supervisors and managers to ensure continuity and smooth two-way flow of information.
- Carry out work on the building if required.
Knowledge & Experienced Required
- Engineering experience
- Mechanical or electrical experience
- Knowledge of control instrumentation/Automation
- Good IT literacy skills with a demonstration of people skills
- Ideally have worked in the food industry
- A team player with the ability to work well within the engineering and manufacturing teams
Immediate start for the right candidate, if you are interested, please sent your application to Jeff Gill.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77629972