Health and Safety, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Compliance Manager
A leading local employer is currently looking to employ a talented and experienced SHEQ Compliance Manager. With a long standing history of success not only in the UK but Overseas this particular business are well versed in their specialist construction field. They are ideally looking for individuals with a qualification which suits the positions as well as a history of maintaining ISO accreditation and particular standards.
- To develop, maintain and continuously improve Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) related strategies, policies and procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices in accordance with relevant legislations and standards
- Provide support and guidance on SHEQ matters throughout the business.
- Inspire, motivate and advise company personnel, contractors and suppliers on SHEQ matters.
- Ensure that an audit and mentoring regime is devised, implemented and effectively provides the focus for verification of SHEQ policies, processes and procedures within the business including audits of suppliers are performed and are satisfactory.
- Conduct Internal Audits, assessments and inspections to verify effective implementation and conformance to legislation, standards and IMS with its policies, processes and procedures.
- Carry out training and mentoring of staff and contractors to ensure they are capable and competent to undertake the tasks allocated to them.
- Maintain the company’s ISO certifications
- Influence at all levels and develop relationships to develop a positive SHEQ culture within the business
- Promoting and raising awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of SHEQ issues, whether legislative or best practice are briefed to the business and any requirements implemented
- Compile monthly reports to Directors, Senior and Middle Managers and execute assigned actions in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance to applicable legal and other statutory requirements.
- Ensure that any safety or Environmental accidents, incidents or near misses are reported immediately to the Directors and Senior Management Team and that investigations are carried out to identify the root causes and promote the lessons learned throughout the organisation.
- Relevant qualification
- Ability to travel (15% overseas)
- Detailed knowledge of current standards
- Clear and up to date ISO understanding
NLB Solutions has been engaged to advertise and supply individuals whom match the specification.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77610119