Graduate Fire Safety Engineer
Graduate Fire Safety Engineer / Fire Safety Engineer / Fire Engineering / Trainee Fire Safety Engineer
Graduate Fire Safety Engineer is needed for our client, a small, dynamic and independent fire safety engineering and management practice based in St Albans. Their rapidly expanding portfolio of projects means they are seeking a suitable graduate to join their team.
They are looking for someone who shows a passion for fire safety engineering and is able to deliver technical excellence in a fast paced environment.
This role would suit a recently qualified Fire Engineering graduate.
Your duties will include:
- Developing fire safety strategies for buildings of all types and sizes
- Carrying out fire risk assessments for new and existing buildings
- Preparing reports, sketches, drawings, presentation and others documents as required
- Liaising and negotiating with design teams, clients, approving authorities, contractors and other third parties
- Maintaining a highly professional standard of competence and behaviour
You will be expected to travel within the UK and farther afield as needed to support the workload.
- Degree or Postgraduate Qualification in Fire Engineering / related subject or equivalent
- Experience and working knowledge of Autocad is essential
- Experience and working knowledge of other fire engineering computer software (smoke modelling, thermal analysis etc.) would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Can work as part of a team, but can also show self-motivation and autonomy
- Able to bring innovative ideas to bear on all aspects of their projects and solutions for clients
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients
- Ability to explain technical issues and solutions in a manner that is accessible to all members of the project team
- Expected to have a good knowledge of fire safety legislation and the relevant guidance within the UK and internationally (including NFPA)
Their existing team will support you in your initial development but you will be expected to grow to manage your own time and workload very rapidly. They will also support you with ongoing training and development.
If you're a graduate and recently qualified in Fire Engineering or a similar degree, this may be the perfect opportunity to kick-start your career as a Fire Safety Engineer.
If this sounds of interest, click the APPLY button below now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513408