We are looking for a Release Manager to be based in Berkshire, A real chance to join the market leader within the online & mobile gambling industry.
As the hired Release Manager, your responsibilities will include building the Release Calendar and maintaining a centralised view of all releases. Leads the effort of defining the strategic direction for release management tools to ensure the delivery process requirements are built in.
The Release Manager will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Provide and manage tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
Responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
This position also works with Business Technology management and Product Management stakeholders to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Must have digital experience
* 3-5 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
* Proven gaming / online gaming background an advantage but leisure or commercial backgrounds also appealing.
* Experience of working in an agile/continuous delivery environment, with experience in cloud computing, automation and orchestration tools
* Experience of Agile, Kanban or Scrum working practices
* Ability to quickly gain the confidence of the business and colleagues through good communication and influencing skills and acting as an advocate of Business Technology both externally and internally
Strategy & Planning
* Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
* Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
* Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
* Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
* Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
* Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
* Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
Third Party and Outsource Team Management
* Manage on shore and off shore technical resources involved in environment management release management
* The overall owner of all release management aspects of outsource partner relationships in terms of commercial agreements as well as managing the performance of the teams as one single Business Technology team.
* Ensure effective communication at all levels both internally and externally, providing regular briefings to assigned outsource team members on business strategies, performance and priorities, and progress of initiatives
* Build an effective and motivational environment, aligning behaviours, values and performance expectations across assigned team to deliver exceptional results
Leadership Behaviours Required
* Is seen as the key point of contact for any Domain related topic by the Business Technology team and wider business
* Is seen as a key influencer with key stakeholder within the domain
* Establishes and maintains constructive and collaborative business partnering relationships with all assigned business areas and other Business Technology functions Ensures an effective understanding of business direction, strategies and priorities, opportunities and operational challenges
* Demonstrates sound and pragmatic judgement, balancing pace, risk and business value to reach decisions which are well informed, rigorous and actionable
* Is proactive in defining, planning and delivering change to achieve targets and objectives which realise beneficial outcomes
* Continuously and proactively monitors and improves the quality of service we deliver to all our customers - external, internal and business partners
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and influence with key stakeholders based on professional credibility and excellent communication and engagement
* Constructively challenges convention and seeks new ways of achieving better results by taking alternative paths, whilst behaving consistently and with professional integrity at all times
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77615666