Transaction Network Services (TNS) is a leading global provider of data communications and interoperability solutions. By combining innovation, advanced technology, experience and service excellence, TNS delivers managed communications solutions to service providers and enterprises on a global scale. Thousands of companies from the retail, banking, ?nancial markets and telecom industries count on TNS to build and manage their mission critical communications platforms, improving their ability to communicate and transact ef?ciently and effectively.
The Customer Implementation Engineering group is responsible for the implementation of all TNS Payments and FSD customer configurations onto the live TNS network. The work includes complex connectivity and new functionality / products that are yet to be ‘standardised’ into the TNS processes, as well as the ongoing weekly builds of TNS’s proprietary black box platforms. The main responsibilities of the role are to provide the technical implementation support for a new customer’s connectivity. To work with a Project Manager or Client Transition Manager to understand and implement the proposed solution. To provide estimates and input to the implementation plan and to test and implement the customer solution, providing documentation, handover and training of the technical solution, to the Operations support groups. Responsibilities also include Sales Engineering support for existing customers’ new connectivity requirements, working with CTM to discuss, clarify and agree the solutions, prior to implementation.
• Implementation and testing of network infrastructure & customer design solutions, including TNS’s IP (leased line & dial), SSL, VPN, DSL and Cellular products.
• Liaise with Network Engineering & Sales Engineering to understand new network/customer requirements & designs.
• Liaise with the Network Planning teams to highlight capacity requirements.
• Provide technical plans and time estimates to the Project Management / Client Transition Management teams.
• Provide technical input and work with the Development team for any new customer requirements not currently supported on the TNS proprietary NACs & NIPs (Training Provided).
• Provide technical input to the ICC team for any project specific equipment and network configurations.
• Provide technical input & training to the INOC at project / solution handover.
• Provide technical documentation and training to the IP Implementation and ICC teams as part of a new standard product offering.
• Provide technical support / input / training to the Project Management and Client Transition Management teams for both implementation, and clarification of new connectivity requirements of existing customers.
• Liaise with the customer technical contact(s) to help in understanding the requirements, ensuring the implementation is correct and completing the required TNS and customer testing for signoff.
• 5 years minimum Telecom/Data communications background; modems, NTUs, circuits (leased line, Ethernet) etc.
• Experience in design and implementation of secure IP networks including VPN, SSL, IPSec and firewalls.
• Excellent working knowledge of Cisco router/switch operation including HSRP, XOT, NAT, EIGRP, BGP, IS-IS and OSPF routing protocols (minimum 3 years experience).
• Training on various operating systems especially Linux and UNIX.
• Excellent working Knowledge of TCP/IP, including the use of Network Sniffers/Analysers.
• Excellent troubleshooting / fault-finding skills.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels including technical documentation.
Full Job description can be viewed on the TNS website.
What we offer:
We pride ourselves on providing a strong benefits package, including; a competitve salary, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Bupa cover, pension contributions, the Cycle to work scheme and more but more than that we endevour to create an inviting work environment for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77612120